Capitol Hill Hotel Website Accessibility Statement
Capitol Hill Hotel Website Accessibility Statement
Accessibility Statement Capitol Hill Hotel (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We base our website accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level A + AA success criteria. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through training of our personnel, engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
Digital Accessibility Compliance Guidelines and Goals
We follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA-Level Compliance, our website strives to meet four core principles known by the acronym POUR.
Perceivable. This includes providing alternatives to non-text content and alternatives to time-based media.
Operable. We ensure the website is compatible with users’ browsing methods.
Understandable. Our content and information on all amenities are provided in a clear, concise way that avoids ambiguity.
Robust. A wide range of technologies can be used to access our site content.
Continuous Digital Monitoring
Our site undergoes real-time monitoring and multiple scans per day to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code. The site is continually evaluated using accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
We welcome feedback
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at email@example.com with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
The Capitol Hill Hotel website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities, and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram.
Accessible Features and Amenities
Capitol Hill Hotel is compliant with the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
- Accessible public entrances. The main building entrance is 78 ½” wide, East Building entrance is 56 ½” wide and inside East building, vestibule door is 45” wide.
- The registration desk is 45 ½” high. Guests who are unable to use the registration desk will be personally attended by staff.
- Accessible route from the public entrance and rooms to the registration area. Accessible elevator with braille instructions. Height of the highest button in the elevator is 43”.
- Accessible route to the elevator from the public entrance, registration desk, and guestrooms.
- Accessible emergency exits (same as main entrances).
- Accessible public restrooms (one in Main Building and two in East Building).
- Valet parking only, with accessible route from the curb to hotel entrances.
- Space to accommodate accessible vehicles.
- TTY for guest use.
- Visual and audible alarms for smoke, fire, and emergency.
- Guestroom televisions have closed captioning.
- Braille signage throughout the property.
- Service animals are welcome at Capitol Hill Hotel.
- Accessible food and beverage outlets: Breakfast room, with 66” entrance.
- Accessible route to food and beverage outlet from the public entrance and guestrooms.
- Accessible meeting and event facilities: Boardroom with 33 ¼” entrance, State Room with 33 ¼” entrance, Capitol Room with 33 ¼” entrance
- Accessible route to meeting and event facilities from the public entrance and guestrooms.
- Business center with 33” entrance.
- Accessible route to business center from the public entrance and guestrooms.
- Fitness center with 33 ½” entrance.
- Accessible route to fitness center from the public entrance and guestrooms.
- Laundry room with 33 ¼” entrance.
- Accessible route to laundry room from the public entrance and guestrooms.
- Sales office with 33 ¾” entrance.
- Accessible route to sales office from the public entrance and guestrooms.
- Accessible Queen with Roll In Shower: 33” entrance door width, 34” bathroom door width, 1 queen bed, Roll-in shower, Lower thermostat, lower closet shelves and hangers with safe and iron, open space under kitchenette sink, handheld showerhead, shower seat, railings in shower and next to toilet, roll in space under the bathroom sink, lower bathroom shelves, taller 18” toilet.
- Accessible Queen: Entrance door width of 33”, Bathroom door width 33”, 1 queen bed, Tub with handrails, ADA roll under sink, Taller 18” toilet, rails next to toilet and in shower/tub, lower shelves in bathrooms and in closet with iron and safe, roll-under sink in the kitchenette, low mini-fridge in the guestroom.
- Accessible route from public entrance and registration area to accessible guestrooms.
- Standard guestrooms have entrance door widths of 34 ¾”, bathroom door widths of 22”, mini-fridge low to the floor, closed captioning on television and ADA compliant door handles. Please note that they do not have any additional accessible features.
- From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish. Please note that this accessibility statement applies to all content on the Capitol Hill Hotel website. The hotel is not responsible for any third-party content on the website.